Marine Awards and Insignia Hardcover
Special Price $14.97 Regular Price $24.95
- Color plates of all Marine Corps medals and ribbons
- Foreign awards and UN medals
- Complete set of Marine ribbons in order of Precedence with attachments and devices
- All Marine insignia including WWII shoulder patches
- Descriptions of service ID badges, aiguillettes shoulder cords, etc.
- A guide to correct wear of medals, ribbons, insignia, and badges by active duty Marines and veterans
- How to claim veteran's medals and display awards insignia
The most comprehensive and well-illustrated book ever published on the United States Marine Corps awards and insignia. It not only traces the history of the Marine Corps through its military awards and insignia, but it provides a comprehensive description of veterans' awards for each major conflict. There is an extraordinarily helpful section on how to determine Marine veteran's medals and insignia as well as how to obtain the medals and a beautiful chapter of the book on how to display the medals for each conflict. This book features all Marine decorations and service medals along with their history, variations, and award criteria are presented to include the attachments and devices. A remarkable series of easy-to-use ribbon charts along with uniform examples show the correct wear of USMC awards. Marine shoulder sleeve insignia from World War II as well as commonly presented foreign medals, NATO and United Nations medals are well illustrated. Printed in the USA and beautifully bound. This book by Colonel Frank Foster and James G. Thompson is printed in the USA and beautifully bound.
|Brand||Medals of America|