Department Of Defense Distinguished Service Medal (DOD)
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality full size medal
- Medal and ribbon made to the highest official government standards
- Made, inspected, and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Standard 2 prong and clutch back, uniform approved
Service: All Services
Instituted: July 9, 1970
Criteria: Exceptionally meritorious service to the United States while assigned to a Joint Activity in a position of unique and great responsibility
Devices: Bronze and Silver Oak Leaf Clusters
To honor and protect the sacrifices of our nation's heroes, we have protected this award against Stolen Valor. To purchase this medal for yourself or a family member's shadow box, or display case, we require a DD-214 or other valid proof that this medal was honorably awarded.
The Secretary of Defense is the awarding authority for the medal, usually awarded to the most senior officers. Examples of assignments that may allow qualification for this medal are: Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff; Chiefs and Vice Chiefs of the Military Services, including the Commandant and Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps and Commanders and Vice Commanders of Unified and Specified Commands.
|Brand||Medals of America|