ARMY FIELD ARTILLERY OFFICER INSIGNIA BADGE PAIR
Field Artillery insignia features two crossed cannons, also referred to as field guns, and has been the insignia for this group since 1834.
Officers in the Field Artillery wear the insignia on their collars.
Sold as a pair.
Branch Insignia: Two crossed field guns, gold color metal, thirteen-sixteenth inch in height.
Crossed cannons (field guns) for Artillery have been in continuous use since 1834 when they were placed on regimental colors, knapsacks, and as part of the cap insignia for Artillery officers. In 1901, the Artillery was divided into Coast and Field Artillery and the branch insignia was modified by the addition of a plain scarlet oval at the intersection of the cannons. The Field Artillery insignia approved on 17 July 1902 had a gold wheel on the red oval and the Coast Artillery had a gold projectile on the red oval. This red oval and wheel was replaced on 4 April 1907 by two field guns. It was superseded in 1957 by the consolidated Artillery insignia consisting of the crossed field guns surmounted by a missile. In 1968, when the Air Defense Artillery and the Field Artillery were authorized to have separate insignia, the former Field Artillery insignia was reinstated.
|Brand||Medals of America|