United Nations Medal
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality full size medal
- Medal and ribbon made to the highest official government standards
- Made, inspected and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Standard 2 prong and clutch back, uniform approved
Service: All Services
Criteria: Six months service with any U.N. peacekeeping mission.
Devices: Bronze Star
Notes: Above date denotes when award was authorized for wear by U.S. Armed Forces personnel.
Awarded for six months service on behalf of the United Nations in one of eleven missions. The United Nations Medal is designated as a foreign service award. It was authorized by the United Nations General Assembly on July 30, 1959 and approved for wear on the U.S. military uniform by Executive Order on March 11, 1964.
The medal is awarded to any member of the United States Armed Forces for not less than six months service in support of a United Nations mission.
|Brand||Medals of America|