Shellback Commemorative Medal
- Perfect for Shadow Box or civilian mounted medal wear
- Minted to commemorate your service
- Traditional full size medal
- Designed by Veterans for Veterans
- Unofficial not for wear on active duty uniforms
The term 'Shellback' is earned from crossing the equator- before a sailor has done so he is referred to as a 'pollywog'. There are traditions and myths regarding the Line Crossing Ceremony, a ceremony done by the sailors on a ship that crosses the equator for the first time, that date back at least 400 years.
|Brand||Medals of America|