Decorations, Medals, Ribbons, Badges And Insignia Of The United States Navy Hardback
Author: James G. Thompson
ISBN - 1-884452-51-5
Copyright 2000 by MOA Press
8 1/2" x 11"
Five years in the developing this beautiful book provides full-color plates and detailed descriptions and criteria of all Navy medals and insignia earned by Navy veterans and admired by their families from World war II to the Liberation of Iraq. What further sets this book apart is the handsome color plates and detailed drawing describing the criteria, purpose, and background of every award. Battle stars, attachments for valor, dates, places even the significance of ribbon color is presented in a wonderful flowing combination of words and illustrations. There is even a section of on how insignia and ribbons were worn in each war and a section on how veterans or their families can claim their medals free!
- Color plates of all Navy medals and ribbons.
- All Navy decorations and service medals along with their history and award criteria.
- All Commonly awarded foreign and UN medals.
- Complete set of Navy ribbons in the correct order with all attachments and devices.
- All Navy insignia including officer and enlisted rank insignia from World War II to present.
- Enlisted specialty marks over the past 60 years.
- A guide to correct wear of medals, ribbons, insignia, and badges by active duty personnel and veterans.
- Displaying awards and insignia.
- How to claim medals.
- Descriptions of service ID badges, aiguillettes shoulder cords, etc.