Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality full size medal
- Medal and ribbon made to the highest official government standards
- Made, inspected, and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Standard 2 prong and clutch back, uniform approved
Service: Marine Corps
Dates: 1919 to Present (retroactive to 1874)
Criteria: Landings on foreign territory and operations against armed opposition for which no specific campaign medal has been authorized
Devices: Silver Letter "W", Bronze Star, Silver Star
The Marine Corps Expeditionary Ribbon was authorized by Marine Corps General Order on May 8, 1919. The medal pendant was added on July 28, 1921 by Executive Order 3524. The medal is awarded to members of the Marine Corps who have engaged in operations against armed opposition in foreign territory, or have served in situations warranting special recognition where no other campaign medal was awarded.
To date, more than sixty operations have qualified for the award, the first (retroactively) being operations by Navy and Marine Corps personnel in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1874 and the latest being operations involving the attack on the USS Cole between 2000 and 2002.
Click here to purchase attachments for your Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
|Brand||Medals of America|