Humanitarian Service Medal Anodized
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality full size medal
- Medal and ribbon made to the highest official government standards
- Made, inspected, and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Gold plated with 24k gold, uniform approved, Standard 2 prong and clutch back
Qualifying Dates: 1975 - Present
Criteria: Direct participation in specific operations of a humanitarian nature.
Awarded for participation in the immediate humanitarian relief operations for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and portions of Texas from 29 Aug through 13 Oct 2005.
Awarded to those who distinguish themselves by meritorious direct participation in a DOD-approved, significant military act or operation of a humanitarian nature. According to regulations, the participation must be “hands-on” at the site of the operation; personnel assigned to staff functions geographically separated from the operation are not eligible for this medal.
Service members must be assigned and/or attached to participating units for specific operations by official orders. Members who were present for duty at specific qualifying locations for the medal but who did not make a direct contribution to the action or operation are specifically excluded from eligibility.
|Medals of America