The Enlisted Military Police insignia was approved in 1922 and has been hallmarked by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry. The insignia displays two crossed pistols, often referred to as the Harper’s Ferry Pistol, which were the first American Military pistol. The Harper’s Ferry Pistol was made up of interchangeable, standardized parts, which marked a significant advancement in arms technology. The enlisted Military Police insignia is two gold disks, one with the Military Police insignia and the other disk with the superimposed 'U.S.'. Each of the included items is 100% USA Made, measures approximately 1 inch in diameter, and comes with two pins on the back. Enlisted members wear the branch insignia on their collars.