The Enlisted Finance Corps insignia was approved in 1924 and has been hallmarked by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry. The Finance Department, which was founded in 1920, became the Finance Corps in 1950. The insignia displays a horizontally oriented diamond, which was originally the insignia of the Pay Department (1896) and Finance Department (1920). The enlisted Finance Corps insignia is two gold disks, one with the Finance Corps insignia and the other disk with the superimposed 'U.S.'. Each of the included items is 100% USA Made, measures approximately 1 inch in diameter, and comes with two pins on the back. Enlisted members wear the branch insignia on their collars.