Army Finance Corps Officer Pair
Army Finance Corps Officer Branch Insignia: A gold color diamond, 1 inch by 3/4 inch, short axis vertical. In 1896, the diamond design (embroidered in silver or made of silver metal) was approved as the insignia of the Pay Department. In 1912 when the offices of The Quartermaster General, The Commissary General and The Paymaster General of the Army were consolidated into the Quartermaster Corps, the use of the design was discontinued. The design returned when the Finance Department was established in 1920 and retained when the Finance Department became the Finance Corps in 1950.
Regimental Insignia: A gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inch in height consisting of the shield adapted from the coat of arms and blazoned: Argent (Silver Gray), a globe Azure grid lined Or, overall in saltire a sword with point to sinister base Argent hilted Or and a quill Argent, superimposed at fess point a representation of the Finance Corps branch insignia Proper. Attached below a gold scroll inscribed with the words “TO SUPPORT AND SERVE” in blue letters. The insignia was originally approved on 8 September 1986 but the design was changed on 1 June 1988 to change the diamond from yellow enamel to a separate device in gold.
Birthday: 16 June 1775. The Finance Corps is the successor to the old Pay Department, which was created in June 1775. The Finance Department was created by law on 1 July 1920 and became the Finance Corps in 1950.
|Brand||Medals of America|