American Defense Ribbon
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality regulation size ribbon
- Ribbon made to the highest official government standards and uniform approved
- Made, inspected, and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Ribbon holding bars are sold separately
The American Defense Ribbon was authorized on June 28, 1941, for military service during the limited emergency proclaimed by President Roosevelt on Sept. 8, 1939, or during the unlimited emergency proclaimed on May 27, 1941, until December 7, 1941, if under orders to active duty for 12 months or longer. For the Army, you must have 12 months of active duty service during 1939-41 to receive this award. For the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard you can receive this ribbon during any time of service. These ribbons are to be worn on the uniform; for Army uniforms, they are worn with “Foreign Service” bar for outside of the US, for Navy and Marine Corps they are worn with “Fleet” bar for service out on sea or “Base” bar for service on land, and for Coast Guard worn on “Sea” bar for service out on the sea. These ribbons are made to the highest official government standards and uniform approved. All of the ribbons we have featured are unmounted and do not come with a holding bar.
|Brand||Medals of America|