Afghanistan Campaign Award Medal Full Size
- Officially Hallmarked and approved by the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Official military grade, premium quality full size medal
- Medal and ribbon made to the highest official government standards
- Made, inspected, and shipped by Veterans in the USA
- Uniform approved, Standard 2 prong and clutch back
The area of eligibility encompasses all land areas of the country of Afghanistan and all air spaces above the land. Service members must have been assigned, attached or mobilized to units operating in these areas of eligibility for 30 consecutive days or for 60 non-consecutive days or meet one of the following criteria:
- a. Be engaged in combat during an armed engagement, regardless of the time in the area of eligibility
- b. While participating in an operation or on official duties, is wounded or injured and requires medical evacuation from the area of eligibility
- c. While participating as a regularly assigned air crewmember flying sorties into, out of, within or over the area of eligibility in direct support of the military operations; each day of operations counts as one day of eligibility.
Upon application, any such service member may be awarded the Afghanistan Campaign Medal in lieu of the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal for such service. No service member shall be entitled to both medals for the same act, achievement or period of service.
The awarding authority for the Afghanistan campaign medals shall be prescribed by the member’s respective military service regulations. The medal may be awarded posthumously.
|Brand||MEDALS OF AMERICA EST. 1976|